TRUSTED #1 DENTAL FRONT TEETH BRIDGE TREATMENT IN NORCROSS, GA.
- Have your tooth/teeth been missing for some time now?
- Are there gaps visible gaps in the missing tooth area?
- Have the remaining teeth shifted/rotated into the empty spaces causing a bad bite?
- Do you have gum disorders or temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ) because of the missing tooth?
A bridge is recommended if you are missing one or more teeth. They are fixed prosthetic devices and can only be removed by a dentist. They are cemented onto the natural teeth or implants surrounding the empty space. Those teeth anchor the bridge and are known as abutments. Bridges can be made with a wide array of materials. The dentist helps you to decide based on the aesthetics, location of the missing tooth, cost, and functional ability.
How are the tooth bridges made?
- Firstly, the anchoring teeth or abutments must be reduced in size as the bridge will fit over it properly.
- A mold is prepared after the reduction of teeth, using which the dental lab makes your bridge.
- The dentist gives specifications on the color as well as the material with which the tooth bridge has to be made by the lab.
- The permanent is then cemented over the abutment teeth.
How long do the bridges last?
- The bridges can last a lifetime but can sometimes get loose and fall out.
- Proper oral hygiene steps like brushing and regular flossing is mandatory.
- The bridge can become weak if the supporting teeth get affected by gum/dental disease, so keep your gums and teeth healthy
- Visit the dentist for regular examination and professional cleaning.
Visit Dr. Dhanani from Smile Sky Family Dental Clinic and learn more about tooth bridges as they offer a variety of options.