Dental Crown Treatment in Norcross
- Dental crowns protect the tooth that has been weakened due to decay or fracture.
- Worn out teeth can be re-built using dental crowns.
- Dental crowns can save teeth with large cavity infections.
- Dental crowns can hold the parts of a cracked tooth and prevent it from cleaving.
- After a root canal treatment or implant placement, crowns offer the necessary final finishing touch.
- Misshaped, severely discolored teeth can be corrected cosmetically with a dental crown.
- If there is a gap between your front teeth, dental crowns can be placed to fix it and enhance the smile.
- Permanent teeth stains that cannot be removed from cleanings can be resolved with dental crowns.
What Is a Crown?
A crown is utilized to entirely cover or cap a damaged tooth by improving its appearance, shape, or alignment. Porcelain or ceramic can be matched to the color of your natural teeth. Other materials include gold, metal alloys or acrylic. A few facts about getting a dental crown placed by your dentist. They include:
- At the first appointment, the tooth is prepared and reshaped to remove all bacterial infection from a cavity or other issues.
- Permanent dental crowns are manufactured in the dental lab, and they can be high strength tooth-colored ceramic, metal, or porcelain fused to metal or metal alloys.
- We only use the best materials at our office. In the second appointment, the permanent crown is then bonded to your tooth following the removal of the temporary crown.
Return back to your regular lifestyle. Care for your dental crowns as you would with your natural teeth by daily brushing and regular flossing. Reserve your appointment with our expert doctors at Smile Sky Family Dental to get a dental crown today.